Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tasty Tuesday--Pasta ai Quattro Formaggi

Andy has been out of town for the last couple days and the only good thing about my husband not being here, is that I finally got to make this pasta dish that I've been wanting to make FOREVER! Andy isn't a big fan of cheese, and this one has 4 different types. And it was heaven. Fattening heaven.
The recipe came from the pioneer woman, although I didn't use the exact same cheeses. You can use any cheeses you'd like!


1 lb. Angel Hair pasta
1/2 cup grated Fontina cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
1/2 cup grated Gouda cheese 
2 Tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup heavy cream
1 whole garlic clove, peeled
1/2 teaspoon salt, more to taste
Freshly ground black pepper

Heat cream in a small saucepan over low heat. Rub garlic clove all of the inside of each serving bowl.
Cook pasta according to package directions in lightly salted water, al dente (about 5 minutes). Do not overcook! *Reserve a few cups pasta water*, drain pasta, then return to the cooking pot. Add butter, pour in cream, and add cheeses and salt and pepper. Stir gently to combine, adding reserved hot pasta water as needed for consistency (I used tongs to stir in cheeses which made it easier.) Taste and add more salt if needed. Mixing stage should happen very quickly. Serve in the garlic-rubbed bowls.

*I (surprise, surprise!) forgot to reserve the pasta water--even though I had it written in ALL CAPS, so I just heated up some water in the microwave to add for consistency and it worked just fine!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how to pronounce it, but it looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of Cacio e Pepe, my favorite Italian dish, but with more cheese! And that's not a problem!

    ReplyDelete