Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July Weekend Fun

Friday.

Supper Club at Emily and David's. Don't have any pictures from the night, but Emily made all of this delicious food:

grilled pork chops
grilled corn
mashed potatoes
broccoli
homemade applesauce
strawberry dump cake

and we played some beer pong. It was another fun one!

Saturday.

Super fun engagement party on Sullivan's Island for this wonderful couple.
And, yes, this is the hilarious picture that was on the invitations! 

Here is a late night picture of me, Sarah, and Lauren (the soon to be bride) after the party out on Sullivan's. I apologize for the blurriness!

Sunday.

Family day at the beach. Andy, Birdie, and me went out to Kiawah. Surprisingly, it wasn't too crowded. Kiawah has an area where you can let your dog off the leash. Birdie had a blast!


The minute we got home from the beach...one tired pup.


Monday.

The family came over to our house for the day, and Birdie greeted everyone
 in her Patriotic Bling.

We went to the pool, where niece Lucy enjoyed watermelon. 
 reallllly enjoyed watermelon.

and guacamole with Uncle Andy.

Then, we grilled out a smorgasbord of meat. Three different types of hotdogs, bratwursts, and hamburgers. That's what happens when you let the boys decide on the meal.
For dessert, I made a very patriotic blueberry pie.
and Ellen's parents brought over homemade banana ice cream which went perfectly with the pie.

After everyone left, this is where I found a very tired Birdie.
on my pillow, under the covers. 

I hope everyone had as good a holiday weekend as we did!

5 comments:

  1. Can't believe how big Lucy is! Glad yall had a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG could that be Emily W. - USC grad and XO girl. I've heard her talk about super club! Such fun!! great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pie is too cute with the stars! Will you please post or email me your recipe for it? I have fresh blueberries and always love to try out new uses for them. Glad you had a wonderful holiday weekend!

    XO,
    Hannah

    p.s. I have a new blog layout and in celebration there is a fantastic giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet looks like so much fun! That pic looks delish and I love all the pup pictures! So cute (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. Baby showers

    ReplyDelete