Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Tasty Tuesday--Dijon Salmon

It's Tasty Tuesday....on a Wednesday. So I guess we'll call this "Mouth Watering Wednesday". I have been terrible about posting lately. The end of the school year is always SO crazy! Two more weeks, and I won't have a care in the world and you'll be hearing a lot more from me!

I made this last night and loved it. My favorite way is probably still the simple grilled salmon, but it was nice to change it up a bit. I got the recipe from allrecipes.com.

Baked Dijon Salmon

1/4 cup butter, melted
3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 1/2 Tbsp. honey
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
4 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
4 salmon fillets
salt and pepper to taste

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, stir together butter, mustard, and honey. Set aside. In another bowl, mix together bread crumbs, pecans, and parsley.
3. Season fillets with salt and pepper. Brush each salmon fillet with the honey mustard mixture, and sprinkle the tops of the fillets with the bread crumb/pecan mixture.
4. Bake salmon 12 to 15 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork. 

One good thing about allrecipes.com is they give you all the nutritional information on each recipe:

Calories: 421
Carbs: 17.6g
Cholesterol: 96.6mg
Fiber: 2.3g
Fat: 29g
Protein: 24.3g
Sodium: 480.3mg

No comments:

Post a Comment