Friday, April 15, 2011

Five Song Friday--

Happy Friday everyone! This Friday is especially wonderful because SPRING BREAK finally starts today! Could it have come any later?? My kids checked out about 2 weeks ago...and so did I. 

Also, tonight my daddy, who is a survivor of Squama Cell cancer, is being honored at Relay for Life. I'm so honored and proud to walk the track with him and the other cancer survivors and their families. My dad was an inspiration to me even before he was diagnosed, but he is even more so now. He truly is a wonderful man of God. Everyone who meets him falls in love.

On to Five Song Friday. Actually, these are five songs that my daddy loves, too. Click the title to hear the song!

Second favorite band of all time...but a close second to The Band. And this is one of my favorite Allman Bros. songs.
 


I love the Beatles original version, too. But Wilson Pickett's soulful voice in this one is amazing.


Little Feat is definitely one of my top 3 favorite bands.


We've seen her in concert 3 times now. Her voice is incredible.
 


Sultans of Swing--Dire Straits
You have to listen to the whole thing...have to. The 8 min. mark and on is my favorite part.
Also, there are 80's people dancing for your entertainment. 

 Have a good weekend, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Love your sweet daddy! I wish I would have known you were doing that tonight, I would have joined rather than making plans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post for/about your Daddy! Aren't they the best!?!

    Girl, that wine sangria looks sooo yummy. I am going to bookmark it and make it when I get a chance. Always looking for something new. Have a wonderful weekend!

    XO,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the picture of you and your dad dancing! : )

    ReplyDelete